Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quiet Time...

I am sure from my posts you probably think that my house is crazy all the time with dogs running around and slamming each other into walls and furniture all while drool flies through the air and lands on the wall...and for the most part, you are right..From the time the boys get up in the morning until I leave for work, they are wrestling, playing and chasing one another.  I assume they sleep the rest of the day while I am gone because as soon as I get home, it starts all over again until about 8:30-9:00ish.  The house suddenly goes quiet and all is calm.  One of the two boys is generally sleeping on the floor while the other is on the couch begging for attention and love (normally Hurley).  Last night Hogan crept up on the couch while I was on the loveseat watching trash TV (yes I watch it and no, I am not ashamed), and he rested his head and paw so sweetly on the arm of the loveseat and let out a huge sigh.  I heard him, and I knew what it meant..It meant "Momma please come love on me"...and so I did. He sat there with his head held up so I could scratch his big lion-like neck with his paw sitting on my arm. Every time I stopped I got a paw for more..so I obliged. As this continued his eyes got sleepier and sleepier until my big boy fell asleep and all was well with the world again. I cherish these soft, quiet times with them so much..


No comments:

Post a Comment