Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Long Lazy Weekend

I am back from a long Memorial Day weekend which was much needed. Of course the boys couldn't be happier because any day that Momma is home is a good day to them. If they had their choice, I would work from home and stay with them all day.  But that's not an option..at least not right now!

Friday night we took a quick trip to the dog park but sadly, no one was there! I guess because of the holiday weekend or something..so we only stayed for about 20 minutes and then headed home...


It was gorgeous, yet cool morning on Saturday so I took the boys to the dog park yet again and boy did they have an absolute blast. They played for well over an hour. Hogan met a 7 month old Shar Pei who he just adored. They played for what seemed like forever just chasing each other, spinning around and wrestling. Hurley just ran around being a social butterfly and became the official gate greeter of all the dogs coming into the park. Once home, the boys passed out and slept the rest of the day.

Sunday was great..I just lounged with the boys until about 12 and then did some quick tidying up which of course included vacuuming...they HATE the vacuum! They will run all over the house trying to get away from this big, green, evil machine! It's hilarious to see such big boys afraid it.  After that I decided to take Hogan to Lowes with me to look for my Dad's birthday present..now you may be thinking, why not the both of them?  Well simply put, Hurley gets scared in loud, noisy and bustling environments so I knew this was not the place to take him..people running around, carts, forklifts, etc..no bueno for Senior Hurley. Of course Hogan was an attraction and what should have been a thirty minute trip, lasted well over an hour but he loved every moment of it because he was getting so much attention.  Since he was a good boy, I took him to PetSmart to get some treats.  After that he was pooped..and I could tell he was ready to go when he laid down on the cool floor in the store while I was looking at stuff.

Monday I went boat shopping as the boat I currently have really doesn't work well with two giant dogs. I have my eye on either a Pontoon Boat or a Deck Boat, but I think the Pontoon would serve a much better because I can fit more people on it and the dogs too! Sadly, I didn't have much luck but will keep searching!
When I got home I cuddled up with the boys and watched Alex Cross and prepared for the next day. Now that it's Tuesday and I am back to work, I am quite interested to see what awaits me when I get home as they were NOT happy boys when I left this morning..

No comments:

Post a Comment