Monday, May 6, 2013

Momma's Home!!

In my last post, I expressed how worried I was about leaving my babies while I went out of town for the wedding of my step-niece Lee. When we first arrived to Irmo Pet Retreat, Hogan knew right away where he was and couldn't wait to get out of the car.  Hurley just wanted to get out and see what all the fuss was about.  Once inside, Hurley was veeerrry unsure about where he was. Hogan made himself right at home, telling everyone hello and sniffing all around. Once all that was done, it was time to take them back, and this is where I got nervous. They were booked solid for the weekend so I knew they were going to have a lot of dogs in the back. It was loud, as most kennels are, but the staff there really goes out of their ways to make the dogs as comfortable as possible. I had Hogan and the other staff member had Hurley and talked to Hurley the whole way back and really tired his best to put him at ease. Now remember, Hurley is scared of everything!! So we put them back in their King Suite and had to go back up front to finish up. I shouldn't have looked back, but I did..and Hogan was looking at me like "Where do you think you're going without me"?  I hated it..I felt so awful. Once I left it was time to get on the road..

I called later on in the afternoon once I got to my Dad's beach house to check on them. Kaye, the owner, cheerfully answered the phone and told me that the boys were fine and were about to have playtime, she reassured me that I had nothing to worry about, and indeed I didn't because I knew they were in great hands..but I still missed them like crazy and worried. 

Saturday rolled around and I was a busy girl trying to get Lee's wedding coordinated for the day to make sure it was perfect for her and her soon-to-be husband Hastings. It was a frantic day, but I still made time to call Kaye to check on my babies..She told me she was stunned as Hurley wasn't acting scared at all! Instead, he was running around, playing and going in and out of their suite like a champ..They were both eating, drinking and playing well with everyone. She had even given them their flea and heartworm meds with no issue. I was so proud to hear that, and then I could go on with the wedding without worry.  So here are a few pictures from said wedding. Lee was honestly the prettiest bride I have ever seen and that says a lot given I've been in the wedding business for ten years! The wedding and reception both took place at Atalaya Castle  located in Huntington Beach State Park





The next day it was time to come home. A part of me wasn't ready to leave the beach, the other part of me couldn't wait to get home to see my boys.  I didn't enjoy the ride home as it was pouring rain the whole way, but I made it back safe and sound. You would think I would go home first to drop off my luggage, etc. to make room for them in the back of the car...NOPE....I went straight there to get them! I walked in and there they were in the daycare room, just waiting.  They were overjoyed to see me. They jumped up on the doors and hung their paws over because they were ready to give Momma hugs..They couldn't get enough of me, and I of them. It made my heart just overflow with joy to see them so happy to see me.  We thanked Miss Kaye over and over again and away we went to snuggle at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment